cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI or .net connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are trying to make a decision nto go in for integration of web application with sap .

Do we use the SAP dotnet connector or SAP XI, we already have sap xi in the landscape.

If we were to use sap xi, I understand there will be development from .net team to incorporate wsdl files, the pi team for development of interfaces and theabap team to get the rfc/s idocs/proxies .

If we use dot net connector we would only employ the dot net team.

Can you please suggest and provide some wikis or presentations that would help us to take a decision??

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have PI in your landscape and using PI as a strategic middleware then go for it,refer below blog

No PI in landscape and then think about SAP Netweaver Gateway.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Do we use the SAP dotnet connector or SAP XI, we already have sap xi in the landscape.

Go with SAP PI. This is a middleware tool and you create the design for the current and future. I have used SAP dot net connector similar to JCO for the application integration. This is hard to maintain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravindra,

There shouldn't be much development implementing a WSDL with .NET. The [WSDL.exe|http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7h3ystb6%28v=vs.90%29.aspx] program will generate most of your boilerplate code for calling the web service. In my opinion it's better to use a web service instead of the .NET connector because it can easily be reused should you ever choose to replace/upgrade the website.

If you don't want to use PI, another option would be to use the[ Enterprise Services in ECC|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/310fc763fc2037e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm].

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that there is any specific presentation providing recommendation about this point.

>>If we use dot net connector we would only employ the dot net team

Some customization will be required on ECC end in this case as well.

It is logical to use PI as you already have PI as middleware in your landscape. Any point to point integration will remove need of development in PI. However, we still use PI for various reasons, like easy management, monitoring, loose coupling etc. Your decision is more about to do point to point vs use of middleware.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava