Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create new services using the R3 replicated service categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following problem:

We have replicated the services from our R3 system to SRM (as well as the materials).

We also have an external system that will be creating new services and it will reuse the service categories from R3.

When I try to create a service online, I can only select the SRV_ category type. None of the others which do exist in COMM_CATEGORY are available (Like SRV_ALL, SRV_SERV,...). When I try to select them I get an error like:

"Product category SRV_ALL has a different product type to maintained product"

The problem doesn't exist for materials where I can use any of the MAT_* types.

I suspect that the settings in COMM_HIERARCHY transaction might have an impact. I can see that for MAT_ and all MAT_* the attribute product type has been set to "Product". Whereas for services I only see that SRV_ is set to "Service", all the other SRV_* type have no value set. According to SAP Help they would inherit the value from the parent which is SRV_, but perhaps this functionality doesn't fully work?

Now, I would like to get the value the product type attribute set to "service" for all SRV_* type, however in SRM I cannot edit them as the ECC system is the source. Does any one know if I can change some settings for the replication of the service types so that this attribute is set for all my service types during replication? Or any other solution?

Thanks in advance!

Lee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody?