Unable to login with SAP* for portal system
We have EP 6.0 with MS-SQL as DB and WINDOWS as OS.
Our Administrator password got locked and wanted to reset the same.
I have tried to enable the EMERGENCY USER SAP*, but it is not happening ..Can any one guide me to fix the problem ?
Steps which I have followed to do
1) Go to the Server Installed path i.e. usr\sap\<systemid>\<system instance>\J2EE\configtool\
2) Choose configtool.bat and start it.
3) Under Global Server Configuration, choose Services.
4) Find com.sap.security.core.ume.service, click it.
5) Under Global Properties, find ume.superadmin.activated
6) Set the Custom value to TRUE. Click on SET to apply the new value
7) Apart from that, I have set another property i.e.
8) ume.superadmin.password, define some password.The password that you are defining is for SAP*. save the changes.
9) Restarted the cluster / server.
10) Tried to logon to Portal with SAP* with the changed password and here it gives as authentication failed.