Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of Deleting entries of MDM Feedback Tables

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In our company we have identified 3 MDM related tables in ECC viz: MDMFDBEVENT, MDMFDBID, MDMFDBPR which have grown excessively in size (approx 18 GB in all)

We found entries are created in them whenever an inbound IDOC from MDM is processed in ECC (For every IDOC 1 entry each in EVENT & ID, 2 entries in PR).

Based on our search it looks like these entries are used to send feedback to MDS.

According to SAP Note 1529387 , we created a Z program to delete these table entries.

What I want to know is if deleting entries in these tables will have any effect on MDM To ECC data creation process

OR any Master data entries in ECC .

Also any additional information on the above 3 tables will also be very helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Sagar Dixit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

it's OK to clear these tables. They belong to the old SAP MDM 3.0 release (NOT SRM Catalog 3.0, but the real old SAP MDM 3.0 based on ABAP!). Just follow the instructions of the mentioned notes.

Best regards

Michael

former_member1270519
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot Abhishek & Michael.

We will be deleting these entries in development system by creating a Z program as mentioned in the SAP note & will do a test run & will revert back to you.

Also if these entries aren't used at all can we stop the incoming IDOCS from creating entries in these tables?

That would be a permanent solution if we are sure it is not affecting any process/ data.

Thanks Again.

Thanks & Regards,

Sagar Dixit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I believe these are the only MDM related table in ECC.

And deleting the entries will require a study of these tables, as to whether they are linked with the Master tables or not.

My estimate is they are not related, these only store the entries corresponding to inbound, so no affect on the Outbound scenario.

Deleting the entries will not have any affect on the process.

You may refer the supporting note along with 1529387,

706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing considerably

regards,

Abhishek