Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dummy scen. error InterfaceDetermination did not yield any actual interface

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a dummy scenario to move any files. (PI 7.3)

I've created a dummy data type, message type, and 2 service interface (outbound and inbound) without any mapping.

Then I designed the scenario in the integration directory: 2 business components, sender and receiver file adapters, and integrated configuration.

I just want to read the file from source folder and write to the target folder. No mappings, no validations... But if the source file isn't an XML created from the source message type, I get the following error, I don't know why:

Error: com.sap.aii.adapter.xi.routing.RoutingException: InterfaceDetermination did not yield any actual interface

I know my source file isn't right, but I don't have any mapping or XML validation, so, why I get this error?

And I have another question. When I get this error, the message payload isn't persisted to PI so it disappears and I cannot check the message content. Is there anyway to enable PI to store the message payload when this error happens?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

I had faced the same problem as your first problem about getting error. The soultion is: You dont have to use any structure in your scenario for the paylod. Do not refer to any actual Interfaces and Message types in your scenario.

Just give Dummy interfaces (inbound and Outbound) names that dont even exist in ESR and you will not get the error.

Please check if helpful.

Regards,

- Pooja

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

I don't get your answer. When you create an integrated configuration, the Sender and Receiver Service Interfaces are mandatory fields. So how can I don't refer to any?

Thank you for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marshall

In the receiver interfaces tab type in "dummy" for the service interface (Name Field) and http://sap.com/dummy as the namespace. This should circumvent any transformations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshal,

Follow the steps:

- No need to create any objects in ESR

- In scenario, whenever you need to put Inbound and Outbound Interface name, Type any name of interface which does not exist in ESR. Example: SIOA_LargeFile and SIIA_Large File with some Dummy Namespace as "http://dummy/LargeFile".

Hope steps are clear.

The whole idea behind giving Dummy names is: when we try to split our file into chunks and if we mention some defined structure with help of data type and message type, the output file is not created completely at once. It is created in chunks. A single chunk output file, will not have complete XML structure and hence will result into XML Parsing Error.

Please revert if any issues.

- Pooja

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Pooja, I didn't know about the dummy interfaces. This has worked.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marshal,

If you are using the Integrated Configuration, then you shouldn't be sending anything to the integration engine. You can only utilize the Adapter Engine. Are you using the IDoc_AAE adapter type?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I didn't say anything about receiving the message iinto the integration engine.

My problem is that I'm testing my own adapter module, and I need to see the message payload when arrives to PI after being modified by my own adapter module. To do that, I created this simple scenario to move a file. In previous PI versions I did this without any problem, but know, I don't know why is triggering the error of the 1st post when the message content isn't well formed... And the other problem is that the PI monitoring tool (web tool, of course, because I'm using the AAE), isn't keeping any information about the message that raised this error. I just got the error message in the communication channel, but there isn't a persisted message in message monitoring.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

You can probably try to use the Integrated configuration instead of using normal configuration scenario.

Also check if you can configure your sender file adapter to handle BIN file, instead of text file

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/700058f0-b1a1-2a10-39a8-ab2627b87...

Best Regards,

Ravi

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this seems to be something new within PI 7.3. potentially a bug or an enforced check on the incoming message which was not there in earlier versions.

Can you raise a customer message with SAP on this in service market place?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, maybe it's a bug... Because I've done this in older versions for testing purposes without any problems.

I'm already using "Integrated configuration", in PI 7.3 you don't have any other object. I guess the system automatically determines to use the Integration Engine if you use the IDOC adapter, and the AAE otherwise.