cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link address of Change Equipment Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within the integrated POD there is a button "Activities". There I have the possibility to select Change Equipment Status.

Is there a possibility to set this as a direct link, e. g. "http://<serveraddress:5000>/manufacturing/....."?

I'd like to add the function within the MII Navigation.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Actually it is possible to create an activity which is an URL to external web page, though not sure if it will work for MII transaction so you'd rather try.

In Activity Maintenance, create a new activity, with Class/Program = your URL. Activity Type should be either Standalone GUI or Button.

Then in POD Maintenance, add this activity to "Activities" button.

Make sure that your user will have permissions for this activity in User Group Maintenance.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergy,

thank you very much for your answer. Unfortunately it is just the other way around, I seek for.

I have already the activity, which is 'Change Equipment Status'. And I am looking for the correct web address to reach this function directly.

Regards,

Monika

0 Kudos

Monika,

Here is the URL used by ME Collaboration Directive of SAP ME 5.2:

http://<server>:50000/XMII/Runner?Transaction=Visiprise/ERPShopFloorIntegration/services/SAPMEOutbou...

However, I'm not sure if you can use this link because Change Equipment Status is an activity in ME which generates data to be sent to MII for confirmation to ERP. So, I do not know how you are going to generate and send those data without Change Equipment Status GUI of SAP ME.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

thank you very much for your help. The link does not work in ME 6.0, as far as I tried it.

I hope, that I do not sound too confusing. And I must confess, I have difficulties to follow your explanation.

I set up several links in MII. And I can add the link:

/manufacturing/com/sap/me/wpmf/client/template.jsf?WORKSTATION=INTEGRATED_DEF&ACTIVITY_ID=DEF_INTEGRATED_POD

to reach ME's integrated POD, where I have a button Activities, where I can reach "Change Equipment Status".

The dialog is run within a popup: http://<server>:50000/manufacturing/com/sap/me/wpmf/client/popupWindow.jsf

As far, as I understand, there is no way to set this up the easy way. If this is the case, I will postpone this.

Thank you.

But ... may I add another question? You know the navigation within MII, don't you? It seems ME has some problems there, as all the links do not work the first time, when selected. I always receive a time-out and then ME opens. I need to select the address of the MII again. To change time-outs does not solve the problem. Have you ever heard of this?

Again, thank you very much for your time and effort.

0 Kudos

Monika,

Once you are using Change Equipment Status in ME 6.0, this activity is called as POD plugin and should receive some data from POD I guess. Formally it refers to http://server:50000/manufacturing/com/sap/me/production/client/changeequipmentstatus.jsp though it does not work if called directly, outside of the POD.

As to calling ME from MII, it should be possbile by means of SSO of NW, though I can hardly advise you on a proper configuration of SSO. Also it might be MII-related issue.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

thank you. So I skip the idea with the direct link.

About the other question using MII to link to ME: We still have an issue about SSO and wait for another patch.

But one question: We discovered, that if you login to ME and then MII, the timeout error does not occur.

That leads to another suggestion, that maybe ME is processing some code, when login, maybe related to logging?

Do you know, what ME does after login?

Maybe there is one log-mechanism MII does not do, but ME needs?

Thanks again for your patience.

0 Kudos

Monika,

Unfortunately I don't know. And I'm pretty sure that it is unlikely to be an officially proven and recommended approach. So, you might be the first who is dealing with such issue.

Regards,

Sergiy