cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message is not telling which field causing the issue!

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I am developing the Adobe Interactive Form and launching this form from WebDynPro ABAP application, fine.

This form has tonns of dropdown fields, mandatory fields, greyed out fields. Fine.

I am filling the list the drop-down fields from webdynpro ABAP, but, i am filling list for only 80% of the drop-down fields, rest 20 % is not filling at all (bcz, business want to have those 20% dropd-owns on the form by thinking going further they require, this moment they dont need so they dont want to fill the lists)

Now the form is launching on the browser, fine. But when user submits it i am getting the below erro:

The Entered Value Is Not on the List of Valid Values. (I am guessing this error is talking about the DROPDOWN fields only)

I hv tonns of drop-down fields, so, its very difficult for me to go and trace each and every drop-down fielld!! But, i checked all the populated/entered values in the drop-down fields, they are all fine. Sone dropd-down fields are GREYED OUT, they are defaulted from webdynpro ABAP

Pls. let me know How can know which field/drop-down is causing this issue? Wht are the possible causes for this error? Error is not telling which fields is making issue?

How can i trace and how can i fix it, pls. let me know

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pls provide the complete error,

and you can check the error in ST22 code if the error is of RABIX type

Regard

Srinivas

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

No, its not RABAX_STATE type, hence no ST22.

The complete error is just one line as below (still, i don't understand Why SAP did so that making & throwing a dumb message, its very painful in scenarios where in we hv tonns of drop-down fields on the form),

The Entered Value Is Not on the List of Valid Values 

Thank you

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So its a screen validation error , right?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said its because of the dropdown values only. There is a mismatch in the value passed to the dropdown field and the list of dropdown values. Please check with the value you have passed and the key values of the dropdown. The error will come even if there difference of the upper case and the lower case.

Thanks and Regards,

Raghuram K.R.

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your tips.

But, as of my knowledge every thing (case sensitive, list box entries) are fine, not sure, why am getting this error! I will double chk again.

But, thing is.... actually, i have 4 pages, depending on the logged in user, i will HIDE the pages (say, for me the 3 rd page will be hidden), i am hiding the pages by using JavaScript in the form.

So, this error is not coming if i execute/launch all the 4 pages, but, its coming if i hide any page for any user!!

By chance, do we debug to figure out which FIELD is CAUSING issue/this error?

From where this message is coming, i mean, from the SAP's JAVA stack? Wht is the message ID and #?

or is it Adobe's/Form's error?

Thank you