cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to check PI version in from backend ABAP system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using netweaver 802 and BYD system. I want to know what i my expilicit PI version. I am unable to find the option to check my systems PI verion. Kindly help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This note 1381878 contains 2 part, where to check in java system and where to chcek in abap system.

As i already mentioned int he previous i have checked to system status are it doesnot have any PI component version.

We are not using Java system we are using Microsoft silverlight to access the portal, so most of the http ports or proxies are blocked, I have opend the proxy through HTTP_WHITELIST table tried followed the steps which was mentioned in sap note (for java systems), those url itself not working here.

This is ondemand product so only Reverse proxy/https url is accissible rest of the other urls blocked.

Very light weight model of PI is used in this system, we dont have integration builder or repository for our system.

Thanks and Regards,

siva

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To check the release of the ABAP stack you would go to System -> Status -> Component Information. The release of the SAP Basis component is the release of the ABAP stack of your PI system.

The assumption of this would be that the J2EE stack would be on the same release as this is a pre-requisite for PI. I am unsure if you can check the release of the XI Components deployed on the J2EE stack via ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This note 1381878 contains 2 part, where to check in java system and where to chcek in abap system.

As i already mentioned int he previous i have checked to system status are it doesnot have any PI component version.

We are not using Java system we are using Microsoft silverlight to access the portal, so most of the http ports or proxies are blocked, I have opend the proxy through HTTP_WHITELIST table tried followed the steps which was mentioned in sap note (for java systems), those url itself not working here.

This is ondemand product so only Reverse proxy/https url is accissible rest of the other urls blocked.

Very light weight model of PI is used in this system, we dont have integration builder or repository for our system.

Thanks and Regards,

siva

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One simplest way is use SXMB_IFR transaction code then you will find a browser opening and display ESR/IR, SLD and RWB. In that screen you see the version on the top left.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskar,

Thank you for your update. But due to security reasons SXMB_IFR tcode is completely blocked, This is block applicable to sys admin users as well. Do we have any other way to check this?

Regards,

siva

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

log on to ABAP stack of PI.

Goto menu -> System -> Status

In the SAP System data you will find the required info

Former Member
0 Kudos

For more detail

Go to Logon-System MenuStatus> SAP System Data (Tab) Click on Component Version.. Then you can see a list includes PI Version

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay and Luis,

Before creating this thread i have checked in system status. Only i could able to veiw below components. I remeber when i was running old netwear 701 i could able to view the PI version here but in my new netweaver i could not find this option. I have checked this PI verions 3 different systems, it is not availbel under system --> status -->component version option

1. SAP_ABA

2. SAP_BASIS

3. SAP_BW

4. SAP_BYD

5. SAP_BYDGL0

5. SAP_BYDTLS

6. ADMCONT

Regards,

Siva

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SXMB_IFR is default transaction code for PI developers/administrators. I don't understand why your dont get access to it. How do you develop without having the access or monitor the messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As a admin i dont develop anything in the system.This is ByD system which is for SME segment so all the PI senarios mostly predesigned in the development phase, if we require any new PI service in portal we have given option to customer to design a new communication arrangement, rest of the servcies designed in development system and imported into runtime system as hotfixes.

Previously i used to maintain these PI senarios via transaction code SOAMANAGEr but now this transaction code also blocked. This is ondemand product so various levels of securities included.

Is there any table or report where we can see the system component versions?

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

chk this note: 1381878