Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Mapping - Testing - IDoc - Trouble

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

There is one ABAP Mapping used in our system. The outbound interface is based on one message in external definition and inbound interface is IDoc.

When I try to test this mapping in our PI System using the transaction "SXI_MAPPING_TEST", in the initial screen/input screen in F4 help for the Sender Interface selection, our outbound interface is not displayed. In the Receiver Interface also, it is not display the IDoc.

What could be the problem ? How to test our Z class in this case with the input XML.

Could you please help me?

Kind regards

Jegathees P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to type in the details and test

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

don't use SXI_MAPPING_TEST

use my report which is much better

BTW

there is no need to use any HTTP client nor anything to test ABAP mapping - just my report

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member189779
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The idea is to use sender details and ping the message from HTTP client with your Communication Component, Interfce and Namesapce direclty to your integration server and check if message is generated correcly using required ABAP class.

I guess its worth a try if you have configured your scenario.

Regards

Vinit

Edited by: Vinit Joshi on Mar 6, 2012 1:00 PM

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

Thank you very much for your blog. I don't have SE24 access in our DEV system. I am curious to test the solution which you have given in the blog.

As soon as I get access, I will try this and let you know the result.

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinit

Could you please explain in detail how to test this using HTTP client?

Sabarish, thanks for the blog. I have already gone through that. My doubt is why our Outbound and Inbound Service Interfaces are not shown in F4 help in the txn SXI_MAPPING_TEST. How the mapping class is detected ?

former_member189779
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To test ABAP mapping you need to send the request from HTTP Client to check if your class is used or not.

Regards

Vinit

Edited by: Vinit Joshi on Mar 5, 2012 4:13 PM