cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

without crating purchase requisition ,shall we block/hold some budget agai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way that without crating purchase requisition ,shall we block/hold some budget against a wbs. also we are using project level budgeting .for example I want to commit 100 budget without creating any PR/PO. Please suggest.

With Thanks/Regards,

Vivek

Edited by: vivek tripathi on Mar 5, 2012 3:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

No, for a WBS it is only possible creating PR/PO. It is true that using funds management (FM) you can create a document which commits the budget, but not using only PS.

Regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

Gokul is correct, commitment is contributed to assigned value in CJ30. PR/PO process always increase the assigned value. This is standard SAP system. You have an option to deactivate the PR process in updating the assigned value. SAP note 1307755 could be applied.

You may use ''save as completed' function in transaction MIR7, this is park process and commit to assigned value (see SAP note 178837) but this is involving PO process.

Regards, Gordon

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I hope we can use Budget release functionality.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guruprasad,

We have already release budget scanario.we want to commit that amount without creating PR so that later same amount can be used while creating PO.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the problem in creating a PR and having that as a commitment? You can automatically trigger a PR from the project. No need to manually create the PR.

Understand this, SAP treats PR and PO values as commitments. I am not aware/have not come across of any other way of creating commitment in the SAP system.