cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM can't switch to safe mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm installing EHP5 on our demo system (ABAP+JAVA) with EHPI (source system EHP4).

I'm currently blocked in downtime part of the update, in DEPLOY_ONLINE_DEPL phase.

Some JAVA components are already 7.02 components, but following components are still 7.01: NET-PDK, SAP_BUILDT, VCFLEX, VCFRAMEWORK.

It seems that EHPI calls JSPM to perform a restart of the system (only JAVA in this stage) in SAFE mode. Unfortunately, the restart fails (blocked in Synchronizing binairies) because there is a safe mode lock imposed by another instance. The 'another' instance doesn't exist anymore, but is still known by the system. I can't find where JSPM brings the incorrect instance from.

If I modify the configuration manually via Config Tool (i.e. provide the correct value for performerID in cluster-data), I can start the system, either in SAFE or in NORMAL mode.

But once the system is restarted (tested in both NORMAL and SAFE modes), and I try to repeat the DEPLOY_ONLINE_DEPL phase, JSPM modify the configuration and provide the incorrect value for performerID.

Any idea ?

Kind regards,

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The instance.prefix parameter in bootstrap.properties file (path: <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS<nn>\j2ee\cluster\bootstrap) was wrong.