Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore Organisation field for authorization check

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´ve got a role in which a organisation field is maintained normally.

Is there a Report which can detect the org-fields and repair them?

8 REPLIES 8

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´ve got a role in which a organisation field is maintained normally

You mean normally or manually?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

sorry, I meam manually

0 Kudos

1st you need to collect all the technical name of org level field (refer table USORG). Then in table AGR_1251 restrict data to these fields only. Where ever you do not got a value not start with "$" is the data you need. Sort by value column can help you in that.

To fix this in the role beside the org level field you have a delete button. That will overwrite manually maintained values with NORMALLY maintained value in org level ;-). Careful you may loose data during this process, so may need to fix org level data at 1st place.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on Mar 5, 2012 8:21 PM

0 Kudos

Hi

There is a program (AGR_ORGFIELD_RESET) or such which can be run once the abused role has been indentified...

Kind regards

David

0 Kudos

I think the program name is AGR_RESET_ORG_LEVELS.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Well done that man!

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shameless plug. Check this [report|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/QAMetricsforRoleDesign] . The value in column '# of Mod. Org.' tells you have many org. fiels have been manually modified in a security role.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Thanks for the report which also throws up wildcards as an added bonus - very nice!

Kind regards

David