cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic usage decision for manual lot 89 with long term chachacteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expet,

My client is using the below pocess want to know is auto ud will work in this pocess.

1.Create manual inspection lot 89 type with batch class characteistics active

2.result recording of shot term characteristics

3.Usage decision taken qa12, based on this we do GR against inbound delivery with reference to same batch created in 1 step

4. we set for LTIN long term characteristics and result recorded for long term and complete the lot

5 now we save the again QA12 here some user exit triggered to update PO price.

Now user dont want to save the last step qa12 can it possible though QA17 or usage can be done auto at both steps 3 and 5.

please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Auto UD can be done at step 3 when you complete the short-term inspection characteristics.

Or you can not do any UD at step 3 and wait to do the auto UD at teh end when long-term characterisitcs are done. (for instance, you can just do a stock posting here, but not assign a UD code.)

You cannot do the auto UD twice. Once it is done in Step 3, it will have a status of UD and will not be considered in further runs of the Auto UD program.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

thanks for reply but have some doubt as below.

Once short term char result entered user do the UD code A(this is not relevant to stock)

now set for LTIN manually and entered the long term characteristics then complete the testing and again save to set status UD.

Can AUTO UD possible at step 5 once we have aleady done UD manually at step 3 and set LTIN for long term inspection.

or what is the best option to avoide two times UD saving manually at step 3 and 5.

Please help .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you explored option of Auto UD of Long term Inspection.

"Include Long-Term Characteristics in Selection" in QA10/QA16

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess a question would be why are you doing the first UD when the short-term charactreristics are completed?

Why not just wait until the long-term ones are done? That was an option I suggested.

You haven't indicated yet what is your business reason for attempting to do two UD's to start with.

I'm also curious why you are using an 89? I try to avoid designs that use 89 inspection lots to a large degree. They should really only be used under exceptional circumstances.

FF