cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mirgate from XI to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have question on you. I would like to migrate some developed stuff from XI to PI (two independent machines with no connection).

My development includes such a objects as Integration Processes, Communication channels with ABAP proxies, Message mapping trough ABAP classes, ... & other is standard stuff.

Is there some simple way how to move it on PI system, or do I have to develop everything from scratch?

M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there some simple way how to move it on PI system, or do I have to develop everything from scratch?

You can go to Tools -> Export Design/Configuration Objects -> Choose File System as Transport -> Save to Local Directory and Import to PI ESR/ID.

If you are using PI 7.1 - there are a lot of things you should watch out for e.g External Definitions not loading, mappings not loading and a lot more. After that, you should do a regression test of all your mappings/configs, in short, a lot of work. You can always search in SDN for the solution/s

Regards,

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My another question would be:

At PI I have in SLD Business System that has has same name as Business System in XI.

Let's say that at PI, BS 1 has Software Component A, that has products A1, A2 & A3

At XI, BS 1, has the same Software Component A, but has products A1, A2 & A4

What will happen when I will export BS1 from XI and import into PI?

What will be in PI after import? Or exp./imp. of BS will transfer only BS with list of SC? All levels like products has to be imported first?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to import all levels of the SLD Object.

In this case, importing of the Software Component, should throw an error (caused by Products deficiencies)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

thanks for your quick answer.

I guess I can do this in case of Repository & Directory objects.

Does I have to do also some export/import of SLD objects or do I have to create them manually?

Marek

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, you also need to export the SLD.

Regards,

Mark