cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing Large Files using Chunk Mode with ICO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to process Large files using ICO. I am on PI 7.3 and I am using new feature of PI 7.3, to split the input file into chunks.

And I know that we can not use mapping while using Chunk Mode.

While trying I noticed below points:

1) I had Created Data Type, Message Type and Interfces in ESR and used the same in my scenario (No mapping was defined)Sender and receiver DT were same.

Result: Scenario did not work. It created only one Chunk file (.tmp file) and terminated.

2) I used Dummy Interface in my scenario and it worked Fine.

So, Please confirm if we should always USE DUMMY Interfaces in Scenario while using Chunk mode in PI 7.3 Or Is there something that I am missing.

Thanks in Advance,

- Pooja.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

While trying I noticed below points:

1) I had Created Data Type, Message Type and Interfces in ESR and used the same in my scenario (No mapping was defined)Sender and receiver DT were same.

Result: Scenario did not work. It created only one Chunk file (.tmp file) and terminated.

2) I used Dummy Interface in my scenario and it worked Fine.

So, Please confirm if we should always USE DUMMY Interfaces in Scenario while using Chunk mode in PI 7.3 Or Is there something that I am missing.

According to this blog:

The following limitations apply to the chunk mode in File Adapter

As per the above screenshots, the split never cosiders the payload. It's just a binary split. So the following limitations would apply

Only for File Sender to File Receiver

No Mapping

No Content Based Routing

No Content Conversion

No Custom Modules

Probably you are doing content conversion that is why it is not working.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Edited by: Mark Dihiansan on Mar 5, 2012 12:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I am not trying FCC. It is simple File transfer scenario with XML file and no mapping. Any other clue?

Thanks,

-Pooja.