cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid invitation query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks

In EBP, there is a list of suppliers maintained. When users create a Shop cart, where he donu2019t have source of supply. Now, he creates a bid invitation, now my question is how the suppliers will receive the bid invitation in version SRM 5.0 / SRM 6 and SRM 7. And their way of response to the received bid and how the bid invitation comes from the supplier into purchaser SRM system in all the versions.

Please let me know, looking for your reply.

Thanks

Edited by: santhosh.s on Mar 5, 2012 12:03 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

Have you configured supplier self service (SRM SUS). ??

SUS is solely responsible for communication between purchaser and supplier interns of accepting RFP or bid invitation, sending acknowledgement or response back to purchaser, also when there is invitation for auction. Supplier can quote back their price to purchaser.

Live auction cycle is a software which has combined with SRM 7.0, with the virtue of this purchaser can easily negotiate and identify the best deal among the all bidders.

regards

sahil p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yanvi / Sahil

Thank you for the replies.

But my question here is, how the supplier (contact person) receives the bid is it via email and what all the possible ways the supplier can get it.

second, how the supplier respond to the bid invitation received, is it again via mail or directly via portal (if so, he might need login details etc.).

Can you all please tell me how this can be achieved in detail.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by: santhosh.s on Mar 5, 2012 1:25 PM

Edited by: santhosh.s on Mar 5, 2012 1:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Supplier's contact person will receive the bid as a work item to be acted upon in his portal login. Additionally you can enable notification emails that will be sent to supplier's contact person once he is selected for bidding.

Thus this contact person then has to respond to this bid via portal.

His login credentials will be created when for the first time the purchaser creates a contact person for a supplier. These credentials will be sent as an email to him to enable him to login into the system.

Regards,

Nikhil

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Purchaser adds Suppliers while creating bid/rfx. Now Suppliers have contact person that purchaser adds in to supplier list.

Supplier(contact person) get's bid invitation. Accordingly one replies to bid invitation.

Now in Purchasers window one sees all responses from suppliers.

Then it's purchasers task to accept best bid.

Regards,

yaniVy

reward if helps