cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change path of Import/syndication ready folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we change path for import/ syndicator ready folder for a particular remote system/port? I need to import the syndicated file as they are. If so, How?

Thanks,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Once configured I do not think you can change the path for different cases.

What you can do is to use a scheduler or job to pick file from syndicated location to desired location.

You can configure PI for this using channels for each locations or use jobs like Redwood job etc.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can configure the PI system to import the syndicate the file, to any folder location you want.

The scenario would be to PI MDM Adapter, into PI, then using FTP Channel place the file in the desired folder.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

The ready folder's path is:

root/DBMSinstance_DBMStype/RepositoryName/Outbound/RemoteSystem/PortName/Ready

Where root is the root directory which you can set in mds.ini file, so you can try making changes in the.ini file.

Regards,

Namrta Mahajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namrta,

Changing this would change th epath for all remote system and ports. I want to change only One remote system/ Port's path. Any idea how can this be acheived?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try adding multiple lines of in MDIS.ini, with different remote systems.

Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

It would be great if you could share the scenario where you need a different path for one of the port of a remote system. Normally, data files are syndicated to a target system from all of its ports and it can be achieved by single path.

Thanks,

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

This is not possible- CHanging the path at Remote system/port level. You can use other workarounds like batch scheduler or File transfer using PI.

Thanks-Ravi