cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem while trying to create a new session fron Information design tool of bo 4.0.

Failing to connect to the server from the client tools, but able to logon to CMC and launchpad.

Error message:

. Failed to log on host "insapbsobj01:7400", user "Administrator", com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$OCAFramework: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server insapbsobj01:7400 (FWM 01009)

. Cause:com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.OCAFrameworkException$CommunicationError: Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server insapbsobj01:7400 (FWM 01009)

. Cause:com.crystaldecisions.thirdparty.org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect minor code: 0x4f4f0001 completed: No

. Detail:Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server insapbsobj01:7400 (FWM 01009) attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Detail:Communication error occurred when trying to connect to server insapbsobj01:7400 (FWM 01009) attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

@ Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

It looks like a network connection issue. Is there a firewall between the BI4 server and IDT?

If yes please look at the manuals which describe what ports to open and configure BI4

Regards

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Network team identified that it was due to a port(52556) in the firewall blocking the client communication,by doing the detail trace of connectivity.

Pl. let me know where do i get that manual..

Thanks,

@sri

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

Check for the Administrator's guide here:

http://help.sap.com/bobip40/

Regards

Roland Hoeller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nw team opened the port and the connections are working.

This port number is not there in tha list of Port given in Admin guide.

Thanks,

@Sri

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

I am pretty sure that after restarting the Business Objects server you will have the initial problem again. The port you opened is assigned automatically by the OS and will change.

When you are working with Firewalls you need to assign specific ports to your Business Objects services. This is very well described in the Administrator's guide as well as the firewall rules and the different use cases.

Regards

Roland Hoeller

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roland,

Am also facing the same issue. But the thing is my colleague is able to login to Webi Rich Client & IDT. I have the respective Host entries in the host file, but getting the error msg as

Unable to open a socket to talk to CMS <CMS NAME>:6400 (FWM 01005)

I even tried disabling my Firewall but no luck.

Regards,

Ashok

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

I don't think it is the same issue. If your colleague can login than that means that the firewall ports are opened already. Try a telnet to the CMS port, I suppose that will fail. You need to find out why (network), or is it simply the wrong port number?

You mention with what client tools your colleague can login but not which one you use?

Regards

Roland

Answers (0)