Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly processing with line items assigned to different STD WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS Experts

I have following scenario :

In CN08, we have following allocations

Material ZVS-EX100 is allocated to stanadrd network CNEX100 & this in turn is assigned to standard WBS XXXX-EJVSTD1-001.

Material ZVS-EX200 is allocated to stanadrd network CNEX200 & this in turn is assigned to standard WBS XXXX-EJVSTD2-001.

Materials have been setup for assembly processing with projects (strategy group 85).

In the std WBS : project definitions, "SD/PS assignment" is checked.

In project profiles "Only one root" is unchecked.

Now when I create one sales order with two line items having material ZVS-EX100 & ZVS-EX200, system creates the network & project for first line item but for the second line item, I gets the following message

Project XXXX-0002259 is allocated to standard WBS XXXX-EJVSTD1

Message no. BJ016

And then system asks to choose WBS element from existing projects (DB with matchcode) or WBS created for first line (Generated projects)...it does not allow to create the new WBS for the second line.

Expectation is that project should be create like

Project.....XXXX-0002259

WBS..........XXXX-0002259-010............for line 010

WBS..........XXXX-0002259-020............for line 020

How can we handle such scenario's.

Thanks

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

In your standar project , you should include both the standard WBS elements. As of now, you have included only one WBS element and thats why the second WBS element is not getting generated in operative structure. Do the following.

First

Instead of using ZVS-EX100 as first item, use ZVS-EX200 as first item and check if the error is coming or not. If the error comes, then my finding is correct. In that case, assign both standard WBS element for the standard project and then try. It will work.

If the problem does not come if you use ZVS-EX200 as first item, but it comes for second item ZVS-EX100 then the issue may be different. Please test this case also and confirm how it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikanth for quick response.

We have reviewed this note 77869 that was created about 15 years ago & says "You attempted to create two operative work breakdown structures from one sales order. This function is not yet implemented."

Is such functionality still not available in ECC6

About the workaround, we have 50+ materials & a sales order can have different combinations of these materials in one sales order, it is just not managable to have all 50+ top level WBS structures in one Std Project Definition.

Is there any other solution or workaround?

Thanks

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per SAP note 77869, you cant create multiple projects for single SO. As a workaround, you can merge your std WBS into one and assign this to both materials. Further when entering second line item you can choose appropriate WBS. Hope this helps.

Regards

Shrikant