cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document original display through Object linking

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am creating custom object links and i need to display the attched files directly from the respected object transactions. I found that FM 'CVAPI_DOC_VIEW' will do the need. But my problem is if I have more than 1 file, the list of files attached are shown in a pop-up without the filenames but only with the type of file like word or PDF like that. I checked for note 1015165 - Displaying the file name in the overview of originals , but couldnt implement the note as our support patch is altready at higher level.

Is there any other solution for this?

Regards

Neelima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you check whether the correction mentioned in SAP Note 1591486 - OEWB: Not possible to view document originals

is already available in your system.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually my problem is not with the viewing of originals . Even in standard links, for ex if i go to document data of a material and click 'Display Originals' , it will show the list of original attached to that. In that , only WSA type, description are coming but not the file name. I need to provide the filename also in the overview list.

Thanks

Neelima

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried with the below function module

CV110_DOC_DISPLAY

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That will take to CV03N transaction. But i need overview of files directly.

Thanks and Regards

neelima

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the logic in the program 'DMS_KPRO_READ', this will display all the documents attached to the Document. This program is used to download the attached files from DIR to the local desktop. You can use the logic from this program, display only the File names, and code the logic for display of the document instead of the Export function in this program.

Another way is get the attached files with BAPI BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2 and loop the table entries returned in documentfiles where DOCUMENTFILES-WSAPPLICATION = 'WRI'. you can get the file names in the field in DOCUMENTFILES-DOCFILE, use this field using SPLIT statement with INTO TABLE addition, the last entry in the table will be the File name, display this for file name. When clicked on this file name, use the DOCUMENTFILES-FILE_ID value to display content. there are function modules to display the document, and the required data will be available in the DOCUMENTFILES table itself for displaying.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna