cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any Badi required for service procurement scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

I am configuring the service procurement classic scenario in SRM 7.01. Our requirement is as below:

If the service requisition has backend contract available as a source of supply, it will create a purchase order in the backend ERP system.

However, when it comes to contract, service hierarchy is supported in the srm contract as well. So, unlike srm 7.0, we can create follow-on contract with service hierarchy both in SAP SRM system and backend ERP system. How the system will decide whether to create the contract in the backend system or local SRM system?

If I want to create local contract only from the purchase requisitions with service hierarchy, do I need to take help of the BAdi 'BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS'? Or i Need the BAdi only if I need to create the contract directly in the backend system.

Secondly, Will the local contract be available as a source of supply in the sourcing cockpit or only the backend contract will be available as a sourcing?

Thanks in advance,

Ranjan

Ranjan Sutradhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know, contracts are created locally in SRM and then transferred to ECC. There is no direct contract creation in ECC. It needs to be created firstly in SRM and then replicated to ECC (contract distribution).

In classic scenario, only ECC contracts are suggested as source of supply.

You can create contracts in SRM and then replicate them to ECC. When looking for sources of supply, SRM will check ECC contracts, where SRM contracts that were replicated to ECC can be taken.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ricardo,

Thanks for the confirmation. Till SRM 7.0, service hierarchy was not supported in the contract document in SRM. The system behaviour is to create contract with service hierarchy in the backend system. In case of multiple backend systems, we need to use the BAdi 'BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS'.

Since we are in the SRM 7.01 where the central contract supports service hierarchy, we are proceeding with the approach suggested by you.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan