cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP background job - invalid data status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Users,

I'm running the forecsating in the background and getting the invalid data status error with sone of the products in the selection group. I know this is possibly linked to the CVC and time series so i have run the time series consistency check.

Re ran the background job and still the same invalid data status error.

Does anyone know what we need to do to fix this problem? I've looked through the forums and can't see any solutions.

Thanks

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This kind issue's can be rectified by running the follwoing ....

/SAPAPO/OM17

/SAPAPO/CONSCHK

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PLOB_DELTA_SYNC

If the issue is still not sloved after the above activities..

you need add the SAPAPO/CONSCHK step into the forecast background job Before forecast generation

Step -1 --> SAPAPO/CONSCHK

Step- 2 --> Forecast generation

Thanks

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you all for the quick response. Yes all of the CVC's exist in the planning area.

I have run all of the suggested live cache checks (OM17, TSCONS) and also deactivated and reactivated the time series. /SAPAPO/CONSCHK is not applicable to us.

Still no luck with the forecasts generating in the background for a small number of products. 98% of the products generate a background forecast but not the 10 (or so) that I'm having an issue with.

If we generate the forecast interactively there is no issue.

We will raise an OSS with SAP for this but please let me know if anyone else has any ideas.

Thanks

Paul

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

See if this OSS note is relevant for you - 1008883 - Forecast shortdump "Invalid Data Status"

[https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1008883]

It's relevant for SCM 5.0, and corrections have been delivered in package 8 (SAPKY50008). So, relevant for you if you use SCM 5.0 and are on package level less than 8.

Thanks - Pawan

Edited by: Pawan Pathak on Mar 6, 2012 7:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pawan.

We are using SCM 7.0 and SP9 so this is not applicable. This did however lead me to other notes and I've found the cause of the problem.

The products returning the invalid data status all have lifecycle planning linked to them. So I deleted the LCP and the forecast executed in the background with no errors.

I did find SAP Note 1012213 but are tech guys have informed me that we already have this note implemented so we are still going to prgress the OSS.

thanks

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

You already ran time series consistency.

Also try running the transaction /n/sapapo/om17 for "DP time series" and "Simulation versions".

Schedule to run in background, and once the job finishes, go to the option "evaluate last background job" and take corrective action as the system proposes.

PS: I assume that you have already checked that the CVCs are existing in the MPOS, and you are able to load data in the planning area against these CVCs.

Thanks - Pawan

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Error /SAPAPO/TSM219 means there are some inconsistencies in your liveCache. You can try to check the repair it with report

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK. If there has been some inconsistency in the planning area which cannot be removed by the

/SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK report, you will need to de-initialize and the re-initialize the planning area. In this case, please don't forget to take a backup of the data into an info cube.

BR/Claire