cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting No rights error in Crystal Reports connection with SAP ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am ABAP/BI developer and would like to work in Crystal Reports 2011. Currently, We have SAP ECC 6 and BI 7 set up. I have installed trial version of Crystal Reports 2011.

I am getting error while trying to create blank report in Crystal Reports:

Create New Connection -> SAP Tables.. -> entered SAP Development server user id and password -> following error message :

LOGON failed

Details : You do not have necessary rights to design reports against the SAP system. Please check with your system administrator.

My user id has all rights in development server. So, is any special rights require? OR do we have to install any patch for Crystal Reports at SAP level?

Please guide me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please make sure that you SAP credentials are assigned to the authorization groups and have the necessary authorizations to use the software.

The required authorizations are documented as part of the installation guide in the chapter Authorizations.

thanks

Ingo Hilgefort

0 Kudos

Moved to SAP Integration Kit forum...

Make sure you have the matching Transports install on the BW Server.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Could you please provide your SAP GUI version. If it is in unsupported version then you were unable to connect the SAP system or ECC system.

--How did you create a crystal report based on SAP system, like based on tables or Infoset or BEX query.

-- If possible Apply u2018SAP_ALLu2019 authorization to your u2018user idu2019 in SAP system then check the issue and also provide appropriate rights based on that Table or Infoset or BEX query to your user id by following SAP Integration Kit Installation Guide.

Thanks & Regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be able to report off an SAP data source in Crystal Reports, request the SAP Administrator to set the appropriate authorizations for the user.

For a list of authorizations that are necessary for each type of SAP connection, consult the document:

BusinessObjects XI Integration for SAP Installation Guide

In the "Authorizations" chapter, there is a description of each authorizations needed for each type of connection and actions.

( The document is attached to this SAP Knowledge Base Article in the attachment section )

In addition to the authorizations specified in the SAP Integration Kit Installation Guide, the following authorizations are required:

For Authorization object: S_RFC with Field name: RFC_Name. According to the installation guide the values should be: SYST, /CRYSTAL/OPENSQL

Additionally you will need the value: SUSR as well.

For Authorization object: ZSEGREPORT with field name: ACTVT. According to the installation guide the value is: 02 (Change)

Additionally you will need the value: 01 (Create or generate) as well.

Thank you.