cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading prompts are not working after UNX conversion.

former_member249193
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have converted universe to UNX format, but after conversion the cascading prompts are not working. Following is the one of the example of the cascading prompt which is having issue:

We have cascading object named u201CGroup - Deviceu201D as below:

CONCAT(CONCAT(@select(Performance Management\Group\Group Name),' - '),@select(Performance Management\Device\Device Name))

In the SQL Assistance windows, validate button properly validates this object.

Based on the above object, we have filter named u201CEnter/Select Group u2013 Deviceu201D with following definition:

@select(Performance Management\Performance Reporting Objects\Performance Custom Dimensions\Group - Device) In @prompt('Enter/Select Device Names','A','Performance Management\Performance Reporting Objects\Performance Custom Dimensions\Group - Device',Multi,Free,Not_Persistent)

When I click on the validate button for this filter, it doesnu2019t says whether the expression invalid or valid. It does not return anything. I checked the error log windows of IDT and it shows below error once we validate the above filter:

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(AbstractList.java:372)

at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(AbstractList.java:343)

at com.businessobjects.semanticlayer.qt.internal.ParseExpressionServiceImpl.getScriptWithAnswers(ParseExpressionServiceImpl.java:753)

at com.businessobjects.semanticlayer.qt.internal.ParseExpressionServiceImpl.getGeneratedScript(ParseExpressionServiceImpl.java:695)

at com.businessobjects.semanticlayer.qt.internal.ParseExpressionServiceImpl.getGeneratedScript(ParseExpressionServiceImpl.java:673)

at com.businessobjects.semanticlayer.qt.internal.ParseExpressionServiceImpl.getObjectSQLCombinations(ParseExpressionServiceImpl.java:369)

at com.businessobjects.semanticlayer.qt.internal.ParseExpressionServiceImpl.getWhereParseSQL(ParseExpressionServiceImpl.java:298)

at com.businessobjects.bimodeler.universe.panes.properties.ExpressionParserSQLBindings.parseExpression(ExpressionParserSQLBindings.java:58)

at com.businessobjects.bimodeler.shared.dialogs.expression.ExpressionEditorComposite$7.widgetSelected(ExpressionEditorComposite.java:330)

This problem is for all the cascading prompts, and only single level prompts are working after conversion to UNX.

Can anyone please help on this? Am I missing any manual changes which are mandatory after UNX conversion for this to work.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a good one.. tricky!

I'd recommend you contact the Primary Support and get clarifications.

This could well be a bug, particularly if that 'looping' error is happening in logs, with no UI response on Parse click.

It would be worth stating what SP and Patch version you are using too.

Regards,

H

p.s. Do the work in progress prompts/parameters work ok locally when you test them in the IDT query?

p.p.s FWIW , here's a useful Note you should check out : 1666504 - BI 4.x How to create a hierarchical cascading list of values in UNX universe from Information Design Tool

Edited by: Henry Banks on Mar 5, 2012 9:35 AM

former_member249193
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have raised SAP ticket for this.

We are at BI 4.0 SP2 Patch 12.

This problem is for all the cascading prompts which created using objects which are having u201CLOV based on Query Panelu201D, it doesnu2019t return the results, when I edit the LOV > edit the query and then click refresh to see the data, the refresh button does not appear.

So I tried creating u201CLOV based on a custom hierarchyu201D as indicated in SAP note u2013 1666504 but it also doesnu2019t work. I used the object (that uses the LOV based on a custom hierarchy) to create the new cascading prompt, when I used this prompt in WEBI report, it only displays prompts for first value and not the second based on first input.

I searched SAP KB and found this note u2013 u201C1620378 - Cascading (nested) prompts are not working for Web Intelligence reports in BI 4u201D which describes bug related to cascading prompts in unv as well as unx. But I am not sure if itu2019s the same which I am getting.

Thanks,

Nilesh