cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous PO Workflow approval preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in SRM 7.0 (SRM_SERVER Release 701, Level 0004). We are designing PO workflow using Process Controlled Workflow. The custom schema has two approval steps followed by system approval. Both of the approval steps are using Decision Type 1. The approvers are determined based on certain roles maintained in Z-table through /SAPSRM/BD_WF_AGENTS BAdI.

When a PO is created, the approval preview tab shows all the approvers corresponding to each of the steps correctly. However, some times (not always and it is unpredictable), once the approver of the 1st step approves the PO, instead of showing the user decision as approved for that step, the information disappears completely from the approval preview. Approvers corresponding the second step are however receiving the work items correctly in their UWL. Once the second step approver approves the PO, the approval preview shows approvers of the first and second steps clubbed together as Multiple Decision Sets against the first step.

Please suggest what could be the possible cause of this issue.

Regards,

Soumya Banerjee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jon_Rajewich
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am seeing the exact same issue with shopping carts.  Have a message into SAP for it and havn't been able to recreate the issue in the development system.

The issue is that approvers don't see the subsequent approval even thou the work flow is routing the cart correctly.

I use full document approval, and don't really care if it splits the document into decision sets or not because the approval applies to the entire document (even though I see multiple decisions sets on single line item carts).  I need it to display the complete approval process at all times so each approver and the end user know where the request is in the process.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if you select decision type 1, but if you create AREA_GUID for each approver in the Badi '/SAPSRM/BD_WF_AGENTS' system will still create multiple decision set. check your BADI '/SAPSRM/BD_WF_AGENTS'..

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for the replay. If this is the usual behavior, then it should have displayed Multiple Decision Sets always. But that is not happening. Some times it correctly shows user decision against each of the approval steps. And some times, it clubs the decisions corresponding to two steps into one as Multiple Decision Sets.

Regards,

Soumya Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will create multi decision set only if there are multiple area guid generated for the process level. check the WF container value..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvanan,

I am creating one AREA GUID per process step.

Regards,

Soumya Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi soumya,

Multiple decision sets appear when there is more than one line item is in approval process and also the dependencies between the line item. this is absolutely standard behavior

if you creating SC or PO with single line item then you won't be finding any multiple decision sets.

regards

sahil p