cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of "Planned total" column in CJ40!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I do the costing for WBS element through Tcodes CJ40, I found that:

+ If I only do the costing for WBS elements which don't have activities, I check in report S_ALR_87013533, the report shows the planned cost of all WBS elements but only sum up to the root WBS element the planned cost of WBS elements which is planned by CJ40 (that what I dont expect).

+ Then I go back to CJ40 and do the copy view of "planned total" for all WBS elements which have activities and total up. I go back to report S_ALR_87013533 and the reports show planned cost as what I want (sum up to root WBS element the exactly value). But when I do this way, I found that the value in "planned total" column of all WBS elements which was done by Copy View are double value. For Example:

- I have the WBS element PJ.01.01 with planned cost from network is 100, so Planned total is also 100.

- I do the Copy View of Planned total.

- Then, the Planned total change to 200.

Please help to advise the use of "Planned total".

Thanks and best regards,

Khoa Huynh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khoa,

It is suppouse in CJ40 you plan 'Total Cost' ( Not by cost element, activity, material...), if in the project hierarchy ( WBS, order, activity) you plan other cost in an object ( by cost element. material, activity..) this is shown in the report but it is not total up, due to you cannot sum ( total plan cost with detailled plan cost).

I am not sure if this is clear,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Planned Total column denotes for each Object.

WBS Element or Network Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

In the scenario:

"If I only do the costing for WBS elements which don't have activities, I check in report S_ALR_87013533, the report shows the planned cost of all WBS elements but only sum up to the root WBS element the planned cost of WBS elements which is planned by CJ40 (that what I dont expect)".

Please help to advise why the report S_ALR_87013533 shows the planned cost of all WBS elements but only sum up to the root WBS element the planned cost of WBS elements which is planned by CJ40?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Khoa Huynh