cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to retrieve Output parameter in SUP Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing a Sales Quotation application on workflow container for Android devices.

we are trying to call a bapi where in one of the BAPI has input parameter of Datatype 'TABLE' which can accept more then one record ie multi records.

and Output parameter is Document no generated after executing the BAPI.

In my application i have created the MBO as operation after that i have drag & dropped this MBO on workflow forms editor to generate the screens. It has generated the screens for create operation but in the output parameters it is not showing any thing for the online request operation.

Can you please provide me some sample applications for this scenario where i can retrieve the output value .

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same issue.I am having issues with my project that will pass table values from 1 MBO to another. It will call the first MBO(BAPI) to get the list. The user can then change some of the data in the list. I then call the second MBO passing in the list from the first MBO to do the create in SAP. My issue is passing the list from the first MBO to the second. I am able to get the list from the first MBO fine. I am also able to edit the list. The issue occurs when I call to invoke the second MBO. I get a time out error when I do that. I have assigned a personalization key to the table in the 2nd MBO. I then use the key of the table of the 1st MBO and assign it to the personalization key. I do this in "Personalization Key Mapping" on the form screen for the menu item. I created a test BAPI to just send back a string(I hardcode the sting in SAP) and it comes back fine. SO I know the issue is tied to how I pass the table(list) in the 2nd MBO. The table structure is exactly the same between the 2 MBOs. If I use an operation calling a BAPI, I can get it to work. However, I can't get back the new document number. Do any one have any ideas or sample project I can look at?

Thanks

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

Again, I would recommend against trying to pass tables via personalization keys, I would recommend doing so via parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i pass list as a parameter, we are not able to retrieve the out put Document no and the output RETURN structure .

Edited by: satish on Mar 7, 2012 8:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

If I try an pass the table from the 1st MBO to the 2nd MBO as parameters, it is greyed out in the "parameter mappings" screen in the layout editor. The only way I can pass it that way is via an operation. I must be missing something else. Any ideas?

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define MBO but not as an operation so you can get output value. For SAP operations(create/update/delete) you dont need to define MBOs as an operation type. Hope this help.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried this approach. This is working only when the BAPI input parameters are of simple types like string,date and int etc.,

If the BAPI input parameter is of Table type it is not working. I have passed list to the BAPI using personlization key. But it is throwing MessageChannel : 500 exception.

if you have any sample application similar to this scenario please share it to me.

Thanks,

Satish

david_brandow
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, there are some restrictions on what we can handle from a personalization key perspective at the moment.

Have you tried defining it as an online cached MBO and thus pass the input through as parameters to the object query rather than trying to specify them as personalization keys?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have tried this approach also. I have made my MBO as online cached MBO, After that it is giving error message as " online cache policy must have at least one load parameter with 'Propagate To' attribute set."

In the Load parameters of my MBO, 'Propagate To' attribute" field is disabled for table type parameter.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks.

Edited by: satishk4u on Mar 7, 2012 7:26 AM