cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

appending files to zip files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is i have to append data to zip files using file receiver adapter.

am also using FCC.

can anybody help me on this how to approach.

-Kishore

Edited by: Kishore_Kumar_XI on Mar 3, 2012 6:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. this is not possible with standard file adapter

2. you can do it using an adapter module (before the zipping adapter module) which would get the files and zip everything

3. you can also try writing an OS level script which will do the zipping and appending and start it "after message processing"

in the command

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

am doing this proxy to file where we are expecting huge number of records and hence using proxy we are sending data in part of chunks and there is no burden on XI (Approximately 1 GB data).

If we consolidate all data in XI before zipping we afraid that will have impact on XI server.

writing OS command is possible with target FTP server?

-Kishore

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>writing OS command is possible with target FTP server?

no, it's not possible

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you can run winzip OS command after putting the file of server.

requirement for run these command is you should include winzip file on server path directory

command should like that :

winzip32 -min -a xx.zip. fil1.doc

plz see following for more zip command

http://www.rondebruin.nl/parameters.htm

Regards,

Gagandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But this works with having target FTP server?

-Kishore

former_member303666
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can do Zipping Files Payloads using Module PayloadZipBean.

Check the below link for small reference.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/ZippingFiles/demo.htm

Thanks and regards,

Kesava.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kesava,

>>>We can do Zipping Files Payloads using Module PayloadZipBean.

Please read the question before answering - he's not asking for zipping but appending to zip files...

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

If no FCC used, any solution for this?

since we are trying to avoid load on XI server at once, using adapter module to zip complete payload also not an option i guess.

what do you suggest approxmiately 1 GB data we send file to file interface without using any design objects, how XI can handle this.

-Kishore.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can use my blog case for your scenario

(ABAP PROXY TO FILE u2013 Handling Heavy Volumes in SAP PI)

Steps:

1. split into two scenario

proxy --> XI --> file (using above blog concept)

(ii) file (zipped) --> Xi --> FTP (file) without IR objects

using the first scenario write the file to XI server internal file location using NFS protocol using file receiver channel in append mode.

Use the scripts as mentioned in the above blog (Note:- scripts will differ depending on XI Operating System). In the second script i.e., "Run OS Command After Message Processing" script, add the extra functionality which can zip and rename the file when it is last transaction. The last transaction can be identified from ABAP proxy message with little extra functionality in the report and using dynamic configuration we can pass this as input to second script which does the zipping and renaming.

We are renaming the file for the last transaction, so that it can be pooled by second scenario file sender channel which will pool with the same naming convention. Pass this zip file directly to FTP server without using any IR objects.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply.

It was very close but In my case, am not in position to use OS commands as target is FTP server and hence your solution is not applicable to me. consolidating into NFS folder and from there to FTP server is not the approach i have to follow as am trying to avoid load on XI server by sending in one single file.

However, splitting this requirement into two interface may be a good solution approach.

I will do this from proxy to file where i will generate another file which will tell processing of actual file is finished. based on this can you suggest any approach to send zipped file from FTP to FTP.

-Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

sorry...i afraid my assumption of splitting scenarios will also lead into sending a single file out of XI which am trying to avoid...

Hence this also wont going to work out.

-Kishore

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kishore,

Sorry, I am little confused with your replies.

>>Consolidating into NFS folder and from there to FTP server is not the approach i have to follow as am trying to avoid load on XI server by sending in one single file

I dont think it will cause any performance issue on XI server, as XI will be writing chunks of data (say 5 MB, for each transaction) to the file in append mode and during the last transaction it will zip the final consolidated data (around 1 GB, which will lead to a few MBs/some times even to few KBs after zipping)

>>sorry...i afraid my assumption of splitting scenarios will also lead into sending a single file out of XI which am trying to avoid...

Same as above explanation. Second scenario will pick the zipped file and transfer to the FTP server.

coming to your actual thread question,

>>My requirement is i have to append data to zip files using file receiver adapter.

Do you want add each transaction as an extra zip entry (extra file) to the zip file? Can you elaborate your question.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti