cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restricting redetermination of sales area on entering Sold to Party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I create a sales order for different sales area and enter sold to party who doesnt belong to that sales area, sales area gets redetermined.

Instead of redetermining I need to give error or restrict user from selecting different sales area belong to sold to party.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 3 possibilities for the issue u got :

1. Go to VOV8 :

Select your document type.Details.

Check the box "Incomplete messages" in transaction flow tab.

If we do this change,then we will receive an error message if any of the field in incompletion log is incomplete

else (if it is done then)

2. it also depend upon* STATUS Group assign* :

Go to Img -- Sales and Distribution -- Basic Functions -- Log of Incomplete Items -- Define Status Groups

If this also not solves your problem then

3. There is somthing wromg with the Incompletion Procedure attached with your Order Type.

Check the name of Incmpletion pRO ASSOCIATED WITH UR Sale Order tYPE ( under VOV8). Go to Tx: OVA2 and check Incompletion procedure.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

What I meant by restricting redetermination is when u go to transaction code va01, we enter document type OR and then sales area and then press enter.

Now when I enter sold to party in overview screen and if that sold to party does not belong to sales area which we entered earlier then the system redetermines the sales area based on sold to party sales area.

what i want is if the sold to party doesn't belong to the sales area entered before, the system should not redetermine sales area and pop up an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

As per my understanding , Sales area is derived from the SP and you do not required to enter sales area when craeting Sales Order. Even if you specify sales area in the initial screen , the system uses SP to determine sales area and it will be re-determined.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of determination of sales area from SP. but is there any configuration through which we can restrict redetermination of sales area though SP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

As per my understanding , such options are not available in the standard SAP. I may be wrong.

You can meet your requirements thru User Exit in consultation with your ABAP team.

Thanks,

Rajesh

PhaniKalvagunta
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please change the Info Message VP101 to Error with the help of ABAP consultant.

Phani Prasad