cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I am working on Ides system, and want to connect HP PSC 1402 printer to it.

I have tried by connecting the same and by going into NACE and by selecting V1 for sales then condition records, then BA00,

and then by double clicking to the over view screen, and in communication tab, then I have tried to define my printer which I mentioned. I have also done output determination and defined Print parameters too.

Now when I am saving the sales order, as instructed to the system, why my system is not printing the sales order upon saving ??

Please help in setting up my printer to my ides system. Looking forward for your help..

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer following links for your requirement:

- SDN wiki on [How to Configure Printer in SAP|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/HowtoConfigurePrinterin+SAP]

- [How can you configure the printer?|http://basissap.blogspot.in/2008/06/how-can-you-configure-printer-explain.html]

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I have followed all the steps to configure my printer , and tested it by saving the sales order, I am not getting the print output on my printer. Although, in my sales order I can see the status indicator for BA00 is turning to green.

What could be the reason of not getting the printout on my printer, can any one help me to get my printouts pelase.

Regards,

Venksys.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in Processing log(Extras - Output - Header - Edit - Goto - Processing log ) for the output whether as any spool request number is seen.

If yes, then in communication method check Logical destination whether you printer is getting determined.

After SPAD, use TCode SU3, maintain your printer as a default printer for the user (Default Tab - Spool control Section - OutputDevice)

Else, if you can't see spool number in processing log. Then it means the

- Program

- Form Routine

- Form

maintained are not proper for

- Output Type

- Application

- Transm. Medium

combination and the reason for same can be make out from the processing log.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JP,

Thanks for the tip, I followed the same again, and tested it by reprinting a sales order, and then checked in SPAD, by giving my printer name - display -GO TO- spool requests- double click - getting the error "Incorrect (Error sending data) in red colour. and when I double click the message I get the following log:

SAP SPOOL ERROR LOG

Print request processing log

The host spool is reporting errors

Windows/NT error 1801 [_default]: "The printer name is invalid."

Errors occurred processing this print request

Error during print request output. l_rc = 1

There may be no printout

Please could you tell me what is the mistake I am doing here, why my system is not picking up the print requests from SAP Ides to my printer which is connected to my windows ? If you have any relavent document, I would appreciate to recieve it at

Moderator message - Personal information removed

Looking forward for your help;

Regards,

Venkat.

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Mar 5, 2012 3:35 PM

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"The printer name is invalid."

This clearly indicates your printer is not configured properly,

You can refer following SDN thread for understanding:

-

But, I would still recommend you take help of BASIS consultant for this.

Regards

JP

Note:
Don't share your personal details on SDN thread. This is against Rule of Engagement.