cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS 10.0 - Mass upload of assignment of Commodity Codes to products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can I do an initial upload to assign all commodity codes to products in GTS?

1. ECC Commodity codes do not get transferred to GTS. You need an enhancement for that

2. No content provider is in scope.

3. All commodity codes assigned to specific products are in legacy system.

Does GTS can accept a file with Part Number and its code and just upload it in the system?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A few things can help you :

- Schema : if you don't have a data provider, you will need to maintain it yourself manually before the upload of product classification. Or, if you need commodity codes for Germany (German texts only), you can upload SOVA file from the statistical office - you can find the file on web, then upload with /SAPSLL/SLLNS_ASC_SOVA_UPLOAD program

- Mass classification - Report /SAPSLL/MARC_UPLOAD_R3 - this program will upload product classification from a text file. There was an older post in this discussion forum about the exact structure of the file the system needs - this is quite easy... The original purpose of this report is to upload foreign classification stored in MARC. I don't remember clearly, but the structure requires only 3 fields - Material number, plant (use one mapped to your legal unit), commodity code... Better check that old post...

Regards,

Brano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brano,

Once I run the report everything is fine in the displaylog except a yellow icon stating "no data records are to be updated".

What am I missing? Basically is not updating the records in GTS.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Please check your input for - "Simulate writing of data" and "Change existing data records" check-boxes, maybe you are executing the program in simulation mode only ?

2. Are you uploading the product classification against a schema which has the necessary commodity codes ?

If this doesn't help, try uploading a screenshot of this message, will be easier to solve.

Best Regards,

Brano