cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stateful aRFC2 - Is there really no way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

like the authors of the following unanswered threads, I want to know if there is a way to call two ore more RFC function modules in an ABAP backend via adaptive RFC 2 and have only one session in the backend? This was possible with aRFC1, but not with aRFC2?

[How to configure/implement stateful r3 connection in Arfc2 model?|;

[Stateful ARFC2 transaction in Webdynpro for Java ?|;

[How to make arfc2 stateful?|;

Greets,

Bernd

Edited by: Bernd André Stapel on Mar 2, 2012 4:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gautam_singh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this article where you could find the way to implement a Web Dynpro application with Stateless and Stateful Behavior

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/80cbd13f-2708-2d10-c5b0-eb97b42a50ec

The stateless behavior of web dynpro application is newly added feature for WD component development.

As stateful mode is the default, we have to set the stateless mode explicitly.

wdComponentAPI.setStatelessSupported(true);

Thanks

Gautam Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid your post does not answer my question.

I don't have an issue concerning the state of the Web Dynpro Application - my problem is, that if I use ARFC2 (and not its predecessor ARFC1) to call an ABAP backend, every call to a function in this backend results in an independent session and this way doesn't share the same space in memory.

Indeed, you need less RFC connections this way, and this is an important advantage, but in some cases you have to redesign and rewrite substantial parts of an application if it was designed under aspects of ARFC1.

And I'm now looking for a way to have ARFC1-like behaviour with ARFC2.

Greets

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

Did you find any solution to your problem? If so, I'd be interested to learn how you did it.

KR,

Mark