Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new database in SUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam using SUP 2.1 ESD#1 licensed version

How to create a new database other than the default sampleDB.

Thanks,

B.Ushasri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi B.Ushasri,

This is actually pretty easy.

1) open the Unwired Workspace (SDK in eclipse).

2) Bottom right, add a new Database connection with the following details:

Sybase ASA v12.x,

host=Your Sup box,

port=5500,

user=dba

password= Your password (default = dba)

3) Once you connect successfully, right click on the connection and choose the "Create database" option.

That should do it for you. It is the same connection as the sampleDB connection so if you already have that defined then its a simple, right click on it once connected and hit create database.

Hope that helps,

Brenton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As Ingo suggested you need to install sql anywhere , but why exactly you need the new database to be installed.

Regards

Nidhideep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi B.Ushasri,

I am not a total expert on SUP but if I understand the installation correctly the SQL Anywhere database that comes with SUP is only meant to store the SUP Tables and is therefore striped down. If I understand correctly in the regular SQL Anywhere installation there is a dbconsole command line program coming with the db with which you can issue SQL administrative tasks. This is not part of the SQL Anywhere that is underneath SUP. That said at the end SQL Anywhere is a SQL database and in theory you can write your own program that issues the SQL statments with for instance ODBC. If I am not mistaken the user and password should be dba/sql

Best

Ingo