cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one Quant in a Storage bin section (Strategy P)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have a Storage type with Putaway strategy P, the SUT check active but no SU Management active, Mixed storage = X and Addition to stock = X.

For this Storage type, our Storage bin type and SUT we have set up in customizing a Bin sectioning 3 meaning the Storage bin is divided into 3 sections so a maximum of 3 Quants per Storage bin. Note that other Bin sectionings have also been set up.

During testing I found out a Storage bin section can only contain one Quant at a time.

Because of Addition to stock = X we can add more quantities of the same Material/Batch to a Storage bin secion that already contains stock of this particular Material/Batch.

If I try to add a Material/Batch to a Storage bin section that already contains stock of another Material/Batch (so, a different Quant), the system gives me an error:

Bin item X in storage bin Y already occupied

Message no. L3063

Now physically for the mentioned SUT our Storage bin is divided into 3 Storage bin sections/pallet places and on a pallet it should be allowed to put multiple Materials/Batches at a time, that is why we set Mixed storage = X in customizing.

Now we can only put one Quant (so one Material/Batch) in a Storage bin section at a time;

We want to be able to put more Quants into a Storage bin section at a time.

How can we achieve this?

Note we rather donu2019t want to use Storage Unit Management.

Thanks for any clues!

Kind regards,

Bart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

As a thumb rule you cannot have one quant with multiple Materials. Ofcourse you can keep on adding same material /batch is the same quant i.e. in the same Bin section where you already put the material.

Quick win for your case is Increase the number of quants allowed say 15. In this case you can keep on storing different material / batches on the same pallet but system will keep on generating sections.

At any point of time you can easily track how many quants (Mat + quantity) are stored in that Bin & relevant section.

For strategy P , SUT check must be activated you cannot skip it.

If Business is not ready to work with more number of sections , you can always think of mapping another startegy ..you could do more test with Bulk Storage.

To my knowledge Strategy I i.e. Addition to existing stock with Mixed storage Indicator will work very well here.

You just need to map appropriate Capacity check as startegy I goes with active capacity.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Please change the mixed storage indicator to "A". This should solve your problem.

One more thing I need to mention is SUT check need not be activated for the storage type. SUT check is integrated in the strategy setting itself.

Regards,

Santosh Cholle