cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to properly configure Sap Java Gui for using snc connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To create unprotected connection, I use "Andvanced" tab, check "Expert mode" and type something like "conn=/H/ip/S/3242". How to enable SNC? When I try to create a new connection, my "System" and "Group/Server" lists are empty, and I can't put something in there. Also at "Security" tab "Enable SNC" checkbox is disabled. Is there any simple setup guides?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use SNC only if an SNC compliant security product (for example, SECUDE or Kerberos) is installed both on your front-end computer and on the SAP server. If Enable Secure Network Communication checkbox is disabled, SNC is not supported by your SAP server. For more info about SNC configuration and SAP systems configuration please read documentation from SAP GUI for Java installation media.

Regards,
Roamn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi roman

I am also doing the same activiy  SSO FOR SAP GUI using kerberos.Could you please explain how are you performing the activity.

Thanks

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please refer to the SAP GUI for Java - Documentation

In the doc look for 9.Technical Background for more information.

Example for a simple connection string with an application server's IP address (172.16.64.17) and portnumber (3200):

/H/172.16.64.17/S/3200

Example with an application server's hostname (abc.company.com) and portnumber (3200):

/H/iwdf8997.abc.company.com/S/3200

Please let us know if you are still facing issues.

Thanks

Jaianandh V

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

with conn=/H/host/S/port, the connection is done directly to the application server bypassing the message server. Latter however usually provides the SNC parameters available.

For how to properly configure SAP GUI for Java to use message servers, please refer to the manual.

In case there is a configuration from SAP GUI for Windows available, you can convert the files using the scripts available [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/sap-gui#section16].

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

msprague
Explorer
0 Kudos

Rolf-Martin,

I can not seem to find that script on the forum.  Has it been removed or just buried?  If you could PM me with the direct link that would be great.

Thanks again.

Mark