Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting of a SI datafield in ABAP proxy

michael_buchli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using a ABAP proxy to file scenario. We created a service interface containing a XSD:Float datatype. The according destination field in the fixed length file is a float value with 17 characters.

From SAP ERP system i get the value 2.4539999999999999E1. So i cut in my FCC 9E1. I vent to our ABAP deveolper and asked to fill in to this field a suitable value. He told me, that he would write the value 2.4539 to the field and the format according my SI would tranform it to this value. In the ERP system the according datatype is FLTP with 16 char before and after the dot.

Where can i configure, that from my SI with the XSD:Float field just a "standard" float value will be defined?

Thanks in advance

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Definitely this is at the source error. SO you have to correct the error in ERP side. But you could also stretch little bit by declaring xsd from float to double which is a 64 bit.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

It is definitely up to your ABAP developer to correct this error. Putting things simple, he is using an incorrect data type for financial calculations. Having such strangely formatted figures is one of the consequences of using float data type. And there is a clear SAP recommendation to use packed numbers for financial figures. Thanks to that, no such inaccuracies occur in the data processing, so the figure will stay as "2.454" or "2.4539", which is the original value I guess.

So you should definitely correct the error in its source, so in the backend system, instead of looking for some workarounds in PI, if you ask me.

Hope this helps,

Greg