cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM GUI Hangs on deployment of an SDA/SCA file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to deploy the MDM Business Package on to the j2ee engine.However, when i go to the SDM GUI and select the first SDA(com.sap.mdm.tech.mdm4j.sda) file for deployment, it just hangs and nothing happens after that. Unless i restart the SDM, the Log files also don't say much.However after a restart i can see a file sdm_remotegui.err (under ..\SDM\program\log).the contents of the file are as follows:

An IOException occured while reading from the Server: net.id_000001: Caught IOException during read of header bytes (-1, 2500467):Connection reset

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.sdm.is.cs.cmd.client.impl.CmdClientImpl.sendAndReceive(CmdClientImpl.java:205)

at com.sap.sdm.is.cs.cmd.client.impl.CmdClientImpl.processCommand(CmdClientImpl.java:155)

at com.sap.sdm.is.cs.cmd.client.impl.CmdClientImpl.processCommand(CmdClientImpl.java:132)

at com.sap.sdm.is.cs.fileaccesschecker.client.FileAccessChecker.hasReadAccess(FileAccessChecker.java:72)

at com.sap.sdm.gui.VFlowManager$23.isFileTransferNeeded(VFlowManager.java:1180)

at com.sap.sdm.gui.VFlowManager$23.run(VFlowManager.java:1032)

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.sdm.gui.UndeploymentPanel$1.run(UndeploymentPanel.java:121)

I feel something is wrong with the SDM GUI.Infact, it does not let me deploy any SDA/SCAs.

Please let me know any possible solutions.Is there any other way , apart from SDM GUI, to deploy the SDA files onto the J2EE engine?

Thanks,

Karambir Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

before deploying, upgrade your SDM to the latest version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the sdm command instead of the gui. To check how it should be used go to \SDM\program\doc\SDMCommandLineDoc_en_final.htm - chapter 7.

Judging from the exception however it seems the sdm server is breaking the connection, so it is a good idea to check it's log files as well. They are located in the instance work folder - dev_sdm, std_sdm.out and jvm_sdm.out

I hope this helps.

Greetings, Myriana