cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete Project in 12.0 imported from 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have imported a project from MII 12.1 to MII 12.0 for a testing purpose.

Now i am unable to delete it in MII 12.0 . It is giving me the following error in the log.

Error on checkFolderPermissions
Category:  /Applications/XMII 
Application:  sap.com/xapps~xmii~ear

Kindly suggest me a solution to delete it.

Thanks in advance.

Selva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

Did you try deleting the project from the menu(System Management>Projects>select the project you want to delete and click on Delete.

Regards,

Manish Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish ,

Ya I have tried in that way only.

Thanks,

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

better try with admin login ID.

Sometimes even if u have roles of admin or super admin, it doesn't work.

Login with User Admin and follow the steps as Manish said

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Praveen Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have tried with both Admin an Super Admin credentials.

Still i am unable to delete it.

I guess it has something to do with back transport.

I am able to delete the projects imported from 12.0 to 12.0 not the projects from 12.1 to 12.0.

Thanks,

Selva

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess by now that you have discovered that backwards compatibility with project imports does not work

Very likely you are running into issues with the WriterRole attributes for the query/display templates and trx's. If you export a single representative file from the workbench and look in the text for ReaderRole and WriterRole you'll see the difference in the NetWeaver roles for Admin, Developer, etc.

I imagine that you are unable to open the files in the WB for manual deletion.

I have no idea how many files are in the 12.1 project you imported backwards into 12.0, but if you take the zip file and edit the files to have the proper 12.0 role names, you could then repackage the zip file and reimport (thereby fixing the source files by replacing them, and this would possibly allow you to delete the project). A bit tedious of course, but should not be too awful with a good text editor (shameless plug for EditPlus - my personal favorite) that allows you to do a search and replace across multiple files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply.

Ya that is a lesson for me not to do back transport.

I tried Editing writer role attribute and Packing and re importing.

But the project is not getting replaced.

Its giving me pop up saying project was imported. Still i am unable to open the transactions in WB which means it not getting replaced.

Is there any other way to delete it from back end. By editing the place in which it is stored directly.

Thanks,

Selva.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Perhaps logging a ticket and having support guide you would be the best course of action - direct database access may be the only option at this point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply.

Will raise a ticket to solve this.

Thanks,

Selva