SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while uploading meter reads through BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to estimate and upload meter reads on an installation through function module ISU_REGISTER_ESTIMATE and BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD respectively. The output estimated read from ISU_REGISTER_ESTIMATE is fed to BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD after removing decimal places, comma etc.

While this works perfectly each time, there is one instance where this arrangement is not working. If the previous read is too large ( and plausible), in certain cases BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD fails to upload the next read and gives an error with error description 'Format of MR 17737 not valid (MR document number 105677 ) '.

As I said, both the function modules are workinf fine most of the times. However at certain instances it ends up with this error. Anyone encountered this problem before?

All suggestions are welcome !

Thanks in advance,

AM

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message - 'Format of MR 17737 not valid (MR document number 105677 ) signifies that number of pre-decimal places and number of post decimal places do not match with your register group configuration.

Since, you are suggesting that your logic works in most of the cases, I think when meter overflow happens and while you are converting it to actual read - this reading do not match with pre-decimal and post decimal places.

You need to double click on register group for a device, where you are facing this issue and then compare your calculated read in your code.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Avinash