Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address of end user accessing web dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Below is my requirement in brief,

We have so many SAP GUI end users in the system and now because of the same, daily system admin have to unloack or reset the passwords of many end users.

Now requirement is to reduce this work of system admin by providing webdynpro link to indevidual end users to reset or unlock their passwors on their own.

Now everything is in place including rendom initial password generation in the web dynpro application and mail it to requester with CC to admin, so later; end user puts this initilized password in the SAP system and reset the same without intervention of admin.

But admin wants to have log that through which system; request to reset the password has been raised, now we have an option that we can give IP address of end user's system but after searching many posts there is no success to get logic as per the requirement.

I followed below link where requester has same requirement as what I have now but with no success,

[;

Apart from above there are many link I followed but there is no success, please guide on the same.

Regards,

Umang Mehta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have you tried the GET_REMOTE_ADDRESS method mentioned in your linked forum thread. Regardless of what was said in that thread it should return the IP address of the client connected to the server.

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean with

through which system; request to reset the password has been raised

You mean application server? End user computer?

In post you mentioned someone is looking for IP of end user or it's terminal name. Solution is function module TH_USER_INFO.

Please clearify what you mean.

BR

Marcin Cholewczuk

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

End users are accessing Webdynpro application through URL right? So, you are resetting r/3 user id and passwords?

In SM04, it will show all the users currently logged with their terminal names. i dont how to find out the terminal using system variable..if we can find it out then you can use terminal condition in login scenario

Regards

Srinivas