cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solutions for creating and printing barcode for MII application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We need some help on solution about barcode creating and printing for MII applications. Would be greatly appreciated for any suggestions about the best option.

Our client is running MII 12.x. They also use Crystal Report. They don't have a lot of SAP resources and hence don't want to create Barcode using SAP smart forms. The new application requires reports to be printed out with barcode attached to it. The following are some options that we have identified:

1. Using Bartender software. MII will provide a XML file and feed to the software. The software can print out the content with the label.

2. Create a customized action block to create and store barcode on the server. Using a HTML page to display all the content with the jpeg/png version of the barcode. Print out through IE.

Any other options will be good too. Thanks in advanced for your responses.

Best regards,

UMeng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I may not have stated the requirement clearly. I would like to start a new thread about the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion.

One concern I have is this package is developed for v12.0. According to SAP, these action blocks will work in 12.1 but not in 12.2. I've tried to install it on 12.2. The configuration dialog are not working properly.

Have anybody succefully implemented this package on 12.2?

Best regards,

Arnold

Edited by: Brad Arnold on Mar 2, 2012 11:53 PM

Edited by: Brad Arnold on Mar 2, 2012 11:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same question here. After installing the PDF package on 12.2, the configuration link of the action blocks cannot be opened. And the the function doesn't look like working properly. Any suggestions on what's the fix?

Best regards,

Lawrence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could use the PDF actions library and specifically the PDF Bar Code action.

You will need to install this library additionally to the base MII install.

Regards

Kevin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to get a document, with Barcode, printed on a laser printer from an Mii application.  We dont have  Label software.

After generating the PDF(or HTML) containing the Barcode, how do you get the file to a laser printer for printing?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks much,