cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iCommand Authentication Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've migrated an old V11.5 application (which works fine) directly to V12.2 and are testing. One issue we have encountered is around use of iCommand applets. Upon execution in javascript (ie: document.applet.executeCommand() ), it throws an error as

"Authentication is requested"

I am logged on as a member of both MII Super Admin and NWA Super Admin.

The underlying query is an xacute query, which runs fine when called directly within, say, an iGrid.

All other applets work fine, and return data.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Kevin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using a display template or just the iCommand with query? If so, to rule out a migration issue have you tried creating a new iCommand and swapping it out on your page? If that works, then export the two files and compare.

Any relevant information found in the NW logs, or the java console? What about the LastError message that you can get from the iCommand after calling the executeCommand?

You could also try adding Trace or Debug to the APPLET PARAMs to watch more granular activity in the java console.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply.

It's a simple query-only iCommand applet, no display. I've tried creating new iCommand applets in the upgraded app, they all have the same issue.

The error I see (Authentication is requested) comes from the getLastError().

The TRACE and DEBUG don't indicate anything obvious, seems to be a few DEBUG messages then bang, an ERROR message with the above text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did this issue ever get solved?  If so, what was the solution?