cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U2lcom.dll function error on Crystal Xl

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the following error when i am running my report, i am using a barcode formula from a 3rd part UFL:

Crystal cannot display report. UFL 'u2lcom.dll' that implements this function is missing. Error in File Manifest {7C6C1024-04DA-4F02-B74C-9E413E7842DC}.rpt:

Error in formula Barcode:

'stringVar DataToEncode:= "1234"; '

UFL 'u2lcom.dll' that implements this function is missing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

In Addition to Abhilash, could you please specify what the version of the operating system you are using.

UFL 'u2lcom.dll' is 32 bit DLL. If you are using 64 bit operating system you need to register that DLL manually on 64 bit machine.

Regards,

Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OS is Windows Server 2008 (64bit), I tried to manually register the dll by running the command prompt as administrator and typing the following:

cd C:Windows\SysWOW64

regsvr32 u2lcom.dll

I am getting the following error message:

the module was loaded but the entry point to dllregisterserver was not found.

Am i registering the DLL the right way?

Abhilash - We are using Crystal reports version 11.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Crystal reports version 11.5

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

None of the U2l*.dlls require registering! All you need to do is copy the 'u2lcom.dll' to <drive>:\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.5\bin

-Abhilash

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Surya, I think something missed in all of this is that the UFL is from a 3rd party vendor. It really may be best to get in touch with them and see if they can help you out. Also, you are using CR XI R2, but you do not mention the Service Pack. In order to use CR XI R2 on WIN 7 you will have to update your CR install to Service pack 6. See [this|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/24977] [original link is broken]; blog on how to.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

The U2lcom.dll is already in the following location since it is a 32-bit install:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\Common\3.5\bin

Do you think it being a 32-bit install on 64-bit OS is the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

We are using Service pack 4. Also, we are not running Crystal on WIN 7. We are running it on Windows Server 2008 (64 bit). The third party UFL is from IDAutomation. I have contacted their support, but because the error was related to Crystal not finding U2lcom.dll , the support people asked us to contact SAP since the dll is a Crystal dll.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realize that it has been a while, but I wanted to relay how I resolved this same issue. 

Abhilash was correct that you do not have to register the file using regsvr32.  If you are having problems getting the ufl to be recognized when putting them in the Program Files\Business Objects\common\<ver>\bin locations, you can try putting the dll into the same location as your Crystal Reports executable.

For example, if you right-click on the shortcut that starts Crystal, click properties and then click 'Open File Location', this will take you the location of 'crw32.exe'.  (make sure crystal is closed) Copy the dll into this folder, restart Crystal and you should then be able to access the UFL.

Good Luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am also getting UFL 'u2lcom.dll' that implements this functoion is missing.I followed the above steps.I am not able to register dll .LoadLibrary(C:\ProgramFiles\BusinessObjects\CrystalReports11\u2lcom.dll) failed-Specified module could not be found.

Any help could be appreciated.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Update to CR XI R2 and test again. See this blog on how to upgrade.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

What version of Crystal Reports are you using?

If you're using CR 2008, you really wouldn't need the UFL as the barcode font and the UFL is embedded.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Crystal reports version 11.5