cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Check based on material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have storage type with Next Empty Bin strategy. Capacity check method is "Usage check based on material" (4). Addtion to stock allowed. Mixed storage allowed.

Material master has capacity as 2

Bin has capacity 5

When I receive 4 piecs of this material, we are expecting that system should split the transfer order as per bin capacity. This means fill up 2 pieces in first bin found and then move to second bin to fill up balance 2. However, system tries to put all 4 in one bin (capacity 😎 and throws error message. When I checked "Capacity Active" then system totally ignores this storage type and moves to next.

Can you please suggest me how to split the transfer order based on capacity. We do not want system to go next storage type unless all the capacities in first storage type are full.

Thanks,

- Shekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheckar,

As Frenchy pefectly suggested , Addition to stock "I" with capacity check will work for you.

Well , you can work with strategy L & keep on adding the material to BIN till capacity gets utilises but this could work only in case of manual operation.

Please check which WM mvt type you are working with , go to details in SPRO > LE>WM>Activity>Transfer>define mvt type.

Look for the TO creation screen control , now it must have set to 3 i.e. single item , change it to 1 i.e. putaway

Now when you create a TO , option will be available at header add to existing stock & you can keep on adding material in a particular BIN till it gets fully utilise.

Plzz post if you need any further info.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you may want to try put away strategy 'I' which is addition to existing stock

The problem with the one you are using is that it will try to find the 'Next empty Bin' even though in your scenario there is space in your existing bins, However I believe that 'Next empty bin' overrides that

I hope that this helps

Frenchy