SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UoM in Delivery Confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I would like to know how the system determines which unit of measure to use at delivery confirmation.

Scenario: Two step plant to plant transfer:

If the material is a measured in volume, the material document corresponding to delivery confirmation (entry in storage locaction and gain/loss posting) is in L60, while if the material is weighed, it is posted in KG. This happens every time, without mattering which UoM I used in O4H1. Example: O4H1 is executed with L but material document is posted in L60. Another example: Document flow of STO, outbound delivery and bulk shipment is in L, delivery confimation in L, but posting of material document is in KG.

Do you know what is the criterion for the system to decide whether posting is in L60/KG? Does it depend on material master data (base unit of measure) or is there any Customizing configuration (I could not find any...)?

Thank you very much in advance for your kind help

Regards

Dominik Ley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you Checked the Base unit of measure? Is it matching with the same?

Regards,

Nalini

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you Checked the Base unit of measure? Is it matching with the same?

Regards,

Nalini

0 Kudos

Hi Nalini,

yes, actually that was mi first assumption and it matches in the cases I have seen: UoM of Delivery Confirmation matches with base unit of measure. However, I still do not know if this is the criterion for the system to decide if material document has to be posted in that UoM. For now, it is just coincidence, because I could not find any SAP Help that could prove this to me.

Do you know with certainty that that would be the definition? Or is it an assumption?

Thank you very much again

Dominik

0 Kudos

Hi,

I still believe it is the Base UOM in which material document will be posted.

Regards,

Nalini