Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User are getting kicked out of SNP planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I hope you can help me out here!

From time to time we are experiencing strange issue for SNP user's .. User are getting kicked out from SNP planning book

Please help us.

Thanks

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

As far as I know, users should not get kicked out unless someone terminates their session.

Even if they lock some data and the same data is needed by some job, it's the job that would fail showing data lock. Similarly, if some other uses tries to access the locked data, the user who is accessing later would face the issue of not being able to go to edit mode.

It's possible to write programs that could specifically do this work of kicking out users before we run batch jobs, but let me assume that this is not the case with you.

One possibility is that there is issue in livecache and so users are not able to access livecache or get kicked out from their active session (e.g. your log area gets full, then users would soon get kicked out after seeing the system hanging initially). This you would need to check at the time when users face issue. This would also mean that other processes that need livecache should also fail e.g. GATP, or SNP planning or PPDS planning related jobs would fail at the same time.

If you could share exactly what error message the users are seeing, that could be helpful in resolving the issue.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

user is getting the below mentioned error message

Error COM routine using application program (Return code 1028514-) and kicked out of SNP Plannngbook

Thanks

Ramesh

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then I think it's the same issue as thread ?

Please check that whether you've been in the planning book too long, or whether you have set liveCache parameter MaxRetentionTime too small.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are not able to see any content in the mentioned thread

provide us details

Thanks,

Ramesh

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, It should be the below link ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please mention the error message user get when they are kicked out of planning book ?

It could also be very less number of dialogue processes available for user transactions to get executed.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

While running certain background jobs in order to avoid locking they may end the sessions of the user who are currently locking that corresponding planning area. Is that the case? Or someone else may try to logon with same user id, in the pop up displayed during logging in, the new user who is trying to login may end all other sessions with that user id.

If this is not the case you need to explain when it specifically happens.

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.