cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo 3.0.8 on SLES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I would like to install the JCo 3.0.8 on my xPages server and connect it to our SAP ECC 6.0 system.

My xPages system runs on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1.

The SAP Documentation says that only SLES 9 and 10 are officially supported but I would like to know if SLES 11 will work too.

Did anybody have any chance to run the JCo 3 on SLES 11?

Thank you in advance,

Federico Biavati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JCo is a simple java application and should be multi/cross platform. More important is the java version that's running it, then the system OS itself.

I would feel comfortable running it in SLES 11 SP1 if you've tested it and it functioned as expected.

I'd refer to note 171356, which indicates:

I/ Released Linux Distributions

One of the following Linux distributions (64 bit) is required for installing SAP software on Linux:

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 for AMD64 & Intel EM64T (SLES11-x86_64)

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 for IBM Power (SLES11-PPC)

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 for IBM System z

(SLES11-ZS, see Note 81737 for information about supported Linux kernels, glibc versions and required packages)

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 for Intel Itanium2 Proc. Family (SLES11-IPF)

<SNIP>

I'd argue that the above statement would also include JCo, although JCo specific notes may not include SLES 11 SP1.

Also,

Just incase you didn't know, SLES 11 SP2 was released on the 28th. (un-related, just an FYI).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check note...

1077727 SAP JCo 3.0 release and support strategy

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

I think that's the note he refers to with only showing support for SLES 10 and not SLES 11, which has been released for quite a while now.