cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Action usage report on GRC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I want to schedule the action usage report and roles usage report on GRC 10 to capture the action usage and role usage. I have the connectors set up and maintained the connector setting for the below four

AUTH

PROV

ROLMG

SUPMG

When i execute the action report. It does not generate any results. Am i missing any configuration?

Also, I was going through various forums regarding the same. How to configure these reports for multiple app servers. We do have a lot of app servers on Quality and Production boxes.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghvendra,

Have you scheduled the background jobs under

SPRO>GRCAC-->Sync jobs

Please note that all the 4 jobs should be scheduled before you view the reports.

Let me know if you have any query.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor,

Yes all the 4 jobs were setup to run.

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have the data in the transaction logs STAD / STAT and all the appropriate system parameters setup to enable that?

e.g. rec/client?

Without this, there will be no data captured.

Also check that the connectors are working correctly?

Are there any errors in the background sync jobs or in SLG1 which point to this?

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

Thanks for responding!!!!

I have the jobs running sucessfully. Actually, I just checked the tables in Development and i see entries. In my Quality and Production systems, I only see some of the data. Coz i know for sure i have executed a few TCODES and i dont see myself in the log report.

I am not sure what setting or configurtion is missing.

Thnaks for you response.

Thanks,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghav,

Have you resolved the issue of Action Usage report?

I am currently facing the same issue that Action usage sometimes doesnt capture Transaction usage and the STAD/ STAT data is present in Target system.

Your help will be really appreciated.

Regards,

Yatin Phad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yatin,

Which SP are you on. SP08 has a lot of notes related to the performance of the action usage report. Also, my basis team created Indexes as there is a lot of usage data for one day. Try to work with your BASIS team to add indexes to these tables.

I will try to get more information from my BASIS tema on what indexing they have peroformed.

Also, If you are on SP08 i am assuming most of the notes i have individually applied are automatically applied.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghav,

Thasnk for the reply.

The data is huge for a day.

Can you give us some more formation on Indexing a table and in terms of action usage where we need to perform in INDEXING on GRC or Target system.

I am on SP07 at the moment and have applied some Performanence improve notes suggested by SAP for Action Usage Program but it has not resolved the issue.

Your direction will give some hint to reslove it.

regards,

Yatin Phad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ytin,

Try indexing on (mandant, username, udate) of CDHDR table.

Let me know if this works.

After you run the sync job, check if the table GRACACTUSAGE is updated. If not, check if you have any errors in SLG1

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghav,

I will check with Basis for Table Indexing.

Meanwhile.

I do check GRACACTUSG Table. It gets updated  after running Sync JObs but sometimes it doesnt.

The data updating is random at the moment.

even sometimes the program sends TIME_OUT Dump in target system.

Any suggestion on Program scheduling as i have already reduced the selection to single system.

Regards,

Yatin Phad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yatin,

that is the error you get when there is a long processing time. Once the indexing is done. this will be taken care of. Work with your BASIS and let me know if that does not resolve the issue.

Raghav