cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway Strategy 'I' with Indicator “addition to existing stock”

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are working with Putaway Strategy = I u2013 Addition to Existing Stock.

We also have another indicator in Storage Type control for u201Caddition to existing stocku201D .

What is the purpose of this indicator when we already have a strategy for this purpose? Is there any linkage between this?

Your valuable response is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Shetty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty,

There are certain rules when you configure the storage type. Two things to mention here , " I " = addition to existing stock is the startegy which always go with active capacity check method , Another is Indicator which is activated at storage type level. This Indicator can go with any strategy meaning Material & Batch can be placed in existing Quant. This indicator provides additional control for mapped strategy.

As Addition to existing stock " I " strategy is configured or activated at storage type level , Indicator becomes redundant.

Let me know if you are looking for any specifica example.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello shetty,

I think that regardless of what the general putaway strategy is the system is providing an indeph customization at the level of the storage type so you can have a certain configuration only for the storage type xxxx. What matters to the system in the end is the value you put in the Storage type Master overall.

All the best,

Claudiu Maxim