cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add new customer field on Notes and attachment tab of SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

we are in SRM 7.0 with extended classic scenario.

I came with requirement I have to add new customer specific field in the notes and attachment section of shopping cart.

since I have already tried with configure field control and other ways but I could not get succeed.

so I request that somebody pls provide me step by step the inputs regarding addition of customer fields on attachment tab.

regards

sahil purushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Standard SRM adds items customer fields on the basic Data tab, and header cust fields on the last step of the wizard.

The only thing you can do on the Attachment and Notes tab is to add an additional type of text using Text schema of SC.

What exactly is the requirement ?

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

yes my requirement is somehow similar.

i) I would like to add an additional text type in the notes section of SC

also

ii) for the additional text type there should one custom check box to be added.

Could you pls help me whether it is possible add both custom field n SC ??

regards

sahil p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

You can define texts per document via SRM customizing: SRM Server -> Cross Application Basic Settings -> Text Schema -> Define Text Schema

For adding the custom field(text) under NOTES and ATTACHMENTS tab,please see below link for more pointers:

For the ciustom check box,there are two options:

1. Add it under the BASIC DATA/ITEM DATA tab in te shopping cart screen and then add a check in the badi BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to make it mandatory once anyone adds any value in the custom text field(under NOTES and ATTACHMENTS tab)

OR

2.Just add it as a custom check box at the Shopping cart item level and make it invsiible it so that it is not displayed in the shopping cart screen.Then using badi "BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI",set the check box by chekcing the value of the custom "text" field under the tab "NOTES AND ATTACHMENTS".

HTH.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepthi thanks a lot which has so informative answer.

I defined new text under text schema in SRM server--->cross aplication and basic setting.

but i am confused by seeing other post is it so necessary that i have to define my text schema under Transaction type section ??

If so how to define it there since i have already tried and I failed.

Pls provide your inputs.

regards

sahil p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepthi Also I forgot to mention that is there any way so that we can make our custom text type as mandatory or required field ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make the custom text type mandatory by implememnting a check in the badi BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot deepthi.

one final question could you pls clarify that Since I have already declared my text as approver note in text schema ,Is it so necessary that i have to define my text schema under Transaction type section ??

I have confusion after I red different answer about defining under tranmsaction types.

Pls provide your inputs.

regards

sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to just define the texts under the SPRO path -->SRM customizing: SRM Server -> Cross Application Basic Settings -> Text Schema -> Define Text Schema

Then they will appear under the NOTES AND ATTACHMENTS section of then shopping cart.All the rmeianing validations/cehcks have to be done via BADI's as mentioned earlier.

Answers (0)